Solitaire Country Lodge
- Longitude: 16.005653
- Latitude: -23.894385
- Camp Sites
Solitaire Country Lodge
Welcome to Solitaire Country Lodge . . .
On the edge of the Namib Desert, in the midst of gravel plains, bordering the Namib Naukluft Park, there lies a little town called Solitaire.
In the middle of nowhere, after hundreds of kilometer driving it will feel like a Fata Morgana coming up. The mystic little settlement of Solitaire does justice to its name in more than one way. Solitaire with its Charisma will take you back to the beginning of the 19hundreds.
Solitaire is an excellent choice to split your journey between Sesriem / Sossusvlei and Swakopmund or Windhoek. It has an air of tranquility combined with comfort and affordability. The nostalgic General Dealer and the Moose Mcgregor Bakery offer home baked bread and apple pie, and of course, drinks, fuel and a small workshop for minor vehicle repairs.
Tucked away behind the bustling scene you find the Solitaire Country Lodge. The Lodge with all its rooms facing a central courtyard with swimming pool surrounded by lush green lawn. The restaurant and bar cater for lodge and camping guests alike in an environment with a unique character and unsurpassed hospitality.
If you are on the way to the famous dunes of Sossusvlei or on your way back and you did not stop at Solitaire, your journey will not be complete.
Special Note: The distance to Sesriem is approximately 83km. Travellers visiting Sossusvlei must depart early enough to enter the gate by sunrise in order to avoid disappointment.
The Lodge . . .
Accommodation at Solitaire Country Lodge consist of 25 spacious en-suite rooms all fitted with fans.
- 23 Twin rooms
- 2 Family rooms with double beds and sleeper couches (5 pax per room)
- 2 Twin Guide rooms
Facilities and Services . . .
- Swimming pool, bar, restaurant, bakery curio shop, small general dealer, fuel station
- Special prior arrangement can be made for Honeymooners, anniversaries and birthdays - private dinners, snack basket and cakes
- 24 hrs electricity available
- Credit card facilities available: Master & Vista Cards
- Gravel / Sand airstrip Co-ordinates S23.53 E016.01
- Check in from 12h00. Check out before 10h00
Activites . . .
- Two non-guided walking trails are available on the property. Distance between 3.5 km to 8 km. The trails are clearly marked.
- Enjoy an incredible sunset over the oldest desert in the world. We will take you for a Sun-downer to a little hill with cold drinks and some snacks.
Children / Families
All ages welcome. Children must be under parents supervision at all times. Children are allowed to go on activities only if accompanied by their parents.
Camping . . .
Solitaire Country lodge campsite is situated directly behind the Lodge and offers 15 campsites on level sandy surface . The campsites are serviced daily and you will find the area clean and level, ready to pitch your tent. Most campsites are under trees for shade and all campsites have a BBQ facility.
We accept tents, caravans, motor homes and camping trailers. The Campsites have communal ablution blocks with hot and cold water. Also available at the ablution blocks are wash-up facilities. Electricity is provided at all of our campsites.
Facilities and Activities . . .
- Swimming pool, bar, restaurant at the lodge. Bakery curio shop, small general dealer and fuel station
- Credit card facilities available: Master & Vista Cards.
- Two non-guided walking trails are available on the property. Distance between 3.5 km to 8 Km. The trails are clearly marked.
Map and Directions to Solitaire Country Lodge
GPS: 23° 53' 39.60" S / 16° 0' 20.32" E
Coming from Windhoek:
From Windhoek take the C26 to D1265 turn of at Nauchas (±160km) From Nauchas to D1275 via Spreedshoogte pass to the C14 T-Junction (±80km), turn left on the C14 to Solitaire Country Lodge (±6km)
Coming from the South or the East:
- From Maltahohe take the C14 to Solitaire (±170km)
- From Maltahohe take the C19 to Solitaire (±226km)
Coming from the Central Coast via Solitaire to Sossusvlei:
- From Walvis Bay take the C14 to Solitaire (±230km)
- From Solitaire take the C19 to Maltahohe and turn off onto the C27 to Sesriem (±83km)
- Sesriem to Sossusvlei (±65km)