- Longitude: 16.005653
- Latitude: -23.894385
- Camp Sites
Service Station & Shop 07.00am -19.00pm everyday
Bakery 07.00am -18.00pm everyday
The Lodge . .
Our 25 spacious rooms wrap around a courtyard pool and delightful desert garden. All rooms are fully air-conditioned and feature two double beds, en-suite bathroom with shower, and an outdoor seating area. Our two family rooms each include two additional twin beds, sleeping up to 6 persons.
There is free WIFI at various points across the property. Shaded thatch lapas invite lounging by the pool, with many activities available for those who like to stay busy.
Guests enjoy breakfast and dinner at Cafe van der Lee and can watch the sunset from our open-air bar. Sit back and relax as this historic little village becomes a quiet, star-filled oasis after dark. Contact Solitaire reservations directly for more information about our SADC rates.
Camping . . .
10 shaded camp sites include water, 220v electric and shared ablutions. Reserve via reservations. Walk-ins welcome!
Facilities and Services . . .
- Swimming pool for Lodge guests
- Cafe Van Der Lee bar and restaurant open to public for lunch and dinner
- McGregor’s Bakery and take-away
- Tsondab General Dealer, bottle shop and curio
- Solitaire fuel station and tyre repair
- Credit card facilities available: Master & Vista Cards
- Gravel / Sand airstrip Co-ordinates S23.53 E016.01
Activites . . .
- Non-guided walking trails
- Fat bike rentals
- Scenic tours and sundowners
- Cheetah Sanctuary tours
Children / Families
All ages welcome. Children must be under parents supervision at all times. Children are allowed to go on activities only if accompanied by their parents.
Room / Unit Features
- Air Conditioning
- En Suite Bathroom
- Internet Connection
- No Smoking In Rooms
- Tea And Coffee
- WiFi - Free
On Site Features
- Bar (fully Licensed)
- Braai / Barbeque Area
- Breakfast : Full English
- Breakfast/lunch : Packed
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laundry Service Available
- Parking (secure)
- Pets Not Allowed
- Reception (business Hours Only)
- Security (guard)
- Smoking (in Demarcated Areas Only)
- Swimming Pool
Map and Directions to Solitaire Lodge
GPS: 23° 53' 39.60" S / 16° 0' 20.32" E
Coming from Windhoek:
From Windhoek take the C26 to D1265 turn of at Nauchas (±160km) From Nauchas to D1275 via Spreedshoogte pass to the C14 T-Junction (±80km), turn left on the C14 to Solitaire Country Lodge (±6km)
Coming from the South or the East:
- From Maltahohe take the C14 to Solitaire (±170km)
- From Maltahohe take the C19 to Solitaire (±226km)
Coming from the Central Coast via Solitaire to Sossusvlei:
- From Walvis Bay take the C14 to Solitaire (±230km)
- From Solitaire take the C19 to Maltahohe and turn off onto the C27 to Sesriem (±83km)
- Sesriem to Sossusvlei (±65km)