Prinzessin Rupprecht Heim
  • Swakopmund

Go Back


  • Longitude: 14.524812
  • Latitude: -22.681794
  • Map

Prinzessin Rupprecht Heim

The single-storey Prinzessin Rupprecht Heim on the corner of Bismarck and Anton Lubowski Avenue was constructed in 1902, and was first used as a military hospital.

In 1914 it was taken over by the Bavarian Women's Red Cross, which named it after its patron, Princess Rupprecht, wife of the Bavarian crown prince. The idea was to expose convalescents to the healthy effects of the sea breeze.

Until recently, one wing was still used as a maternity ward but the building has now been converted into a guest house.

Get Directions