P.O Box 90938, Windhoek, Namibia
- Longitude: 17.58285
- Latitude: -22.205217
- Game Reserves & Lodges
Onjala Lodge is a 1,700 hectare private nature reserve a mere 40 minute’s drive from Windhoek airport.
Accommodation - Lodge Rooms
Built in an unconventional architectural style using rough natural stone of the area to blend unobtrusively with the background.
The eleven duplex rooms in the main structure with large sliding glass doors and small lounges are comfortably furnished. The lower balcony overlooks the surrounding scenery and the second balcony on the upper level looks onto the central courtyard with small tropical garden, pool and waterfall.
Accommodation - Bungalow Rooms
Four freestanding bungalows, each with two separate units, are tucked away in the bush a small distance from the main lodge, affording increased tranquility and privacy. The units are spacious and well appointed with large en-suite bathrooms. The decor reflects the warm colours of Africa, creating a calm, restful atmosphere. The wrap-around veranda invites to linger and take in the sights and sounds of the surrounding bush, possibly sighting an occasional warthog or antelope in close proximity.
Accommodation - Panorama Suites
Four freestanding exquisitely appointed Panorama Suites welcome with added luxury and privacy. Each of the thatched chalets offers a spacious sleeping area, lounge, dressing area and a generous bathroom. Air conditioning ensures a comfortable stay, regardless of the weather. The peacefulness and tranquility of the surrounding bush can be soaked up, while enjoying an ice-cold drink from the mini-bar.
Activities - Observatory
Onjala Lodge posseses its own observatory with a Zeiss refractor telescope where you can view the various wonders of the heavens.
Activities - Spa
Zensations Spa at Onjala Lodge offers a relaxing day of treatments tailored to specific needs and ingredients.
Map and Directions to Onjala Lodge
GPS: 22° 12' 18.78" S / 17° 34' 58.26" E
From Windhoek Airport
- Turn left onto the B 6 towards Gobabis / Seeis
- After ± 10 km turn left behind the Seeis bridge onto the D 1502
- Continue for ± 11 km before turning right onto the M 53 towards Steinhausen
- After ± 14 km you have reached the sign and entrance to Onjala Lodge on the right.
- Drive East on Sam Nujoma Drive, which will continue into the B 6 at the outskirts of Windhoek
- After ± 16 km turn left onto the gravel M 53
- At the crossing with the D 2102 continue on the M 53 towards Steinhausen
- After ± 42 km you have reached the sign and entrance to Onjala Lodge on the right.