Source - Wikipedia
Oanob Dam is a dam outside of Rehoboth, Hardap Region, Namibia.
Located 7 kilometres outside of Rehoboth, it dams the Oanob River and provides the town with a majority of its water.
It has a capacity of 34,505,000 cubic metres and was completed in 1990, the year of Namibia's independence.
The photos were taken during May 1987.
- Source: Oanob River
- Structure: Double curvature concrete arch
- Purpose: Irrigation/domestic supply to Rehoboth
- Capacity: 34.505 Mm3 (millions of cubic metres)
- Surface Area: 3.603 km2 (square kilometres) when full
- Year constructed: 1990
- Annual precipitation: mean of 250 mm
- Located approx. 7 km west of the town Rehoboth