Liebig House - Neu Heusis Khomas Hochland
  • Windhoek

Go Back


  • Longitude: 16.718791
  • Latitude: -22.607812
  • Map

Liebig House - Neu Heusis Khomas Hochland

About 50km from Windhoek on the Khomashochland Road C28 a Gravel road to Swakopmund traveller will see see a large dilapidated building - The Liebig House.

Contributed by Willem Francois Snr Kotze

On 18th September 1907, The Liebig's Extract of Meat Company (Lemco) purchased 210,000ha of land in the Khomas Hochland.

A house was built in 1911 and named after Baron Justus von Liebig, the German 19th-century organic chemist who founded the Karl Liebig Company.

Farm managers of the company, who were renown cattle breeding specialists, were housed there. Lemco were the originator of Liebig and Oxo meat extracts, which later became known as Oxo beef stock cubes.

Get Directions

© Namibia Stays - 2024 | Links | List / Manage Your Business | Liebig House - Neu Heusis Khomas Hochland

Website Design and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) by ZAWebs Designs | Web Hosting by ZAWebs Hosting