Dornhugel Guest Farm
Farm Dornhügel 241, Grootfontein - Otjozondjupa Region
- Longitude: 18.417044
- Latitude: -19.482347
- Farm Getaway
- Cultural Experiences
- Game drive
- Hiking / walking
- Mountain Biking
- Township Tours
Rates are taken from Nightsbridge
- Rates may vary and reduced rates may apply to additional persons. All rates are indicative only, may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice.
Dornhugel Guest Farm
In the North of Namibia, en route to the untouched Bushman country and the Caprivi region, and only three hours away from the Etosha pan lies our guest farm Dornhügel. We offer you a unique combination of a guest farm with a homely atmosphere, stylish ambience and rustic farm life.
Our eight spacious and newly renovated guestrooms are all individually decorated and surround the lush green courtyard – our Oasis in the middle of the farm.
All rooms are equipped with mosquito nets so that you can choose to enjoy the African night air seeping in through the windows or you can escape the heat and have a restful sleep by making use of the air conditioners that we have installed in each room.
Each room has WLAN (Wifi) reception, Mini-Bar and an en-suite bathroom with a shower and a separate toilet.
Each room has an animal name that is indigenous to the area – Suricate; Kudu; Guinea Fowl; Gecko and Zebra look toward the bush. Porcupine and Giraffe room has a view of the garden and fruit-trees growing in the courtyard.
Kudu room can be converted into a family unit with either one or two extra beds for children sharing with parents.
Suricate room can be converted to a family unit but, is also adapted to facilitate a physically challenged guest in a wheelchair.
Gecko room is close to the swimming pool and restaurant, ideal for elderly guests who wish to be close to the main area.
Oryx suite, located a short distance outside the courtyard. It is a double story unit with the best view of the farm from the upper level room. The two twin rooms and large sharing bathroom is ideal for families with older children or friends travelling together.
Restaurant & fully licensed bar
Souvenir Curio shop
Entertainment - Darts, Tennis & Table Tennis
Fat Bike (bicycles)
Library & Dstv
Safe in each room
Credit Card facilities – Master & Visa
Free & Secure parking on premises
Transfers from Windhoek, Swakopmund, Grootfontein, Tsumeb and other destinations in Namibia can be arranged with prior notification and will depend on the group size
- Farm Trip – Dornhügel farm is 11 000 hectares big with a large variety of livestock and game. Join our guide on an excursion to learn more about the daily activities of farm life, fauna and flora and history of the farm – Departure time 16h30
- Night Drive – This activity takes place after dinner for approximately 1 hour. Guest might be lucky to spot a nocturnal animal out hunting or foraging for critters to eat – Departure time 20h45
- Become a Farmhand for 1 day or a few hours - Experience exactly what its like to de-bush, repair fences, fix boreholes that supply water or repair farm roads on a bulldozer
- Walk along the Makalani Palm tree trail – It is a memorable experience as you pass the stately termite mounds to the picturesque hills that gave the farm its name. visit the central agricultural buildings from where the farm workers master their everyday tasks
- Fat Bikes – Instead of a hike, hop on one of our bicycles to explore the farthest reaches of the farm. The bikes handle easily through the bush and sandy patches while you enjoy a great workout
- Enquire for a Special Event – Cattle auction (only on Wednesdays) or be involved while the auctioned cattle are unloaded and get their brand. You might be present while a calf is being born
- Omulunga boarding school – Situated in Grootfontein and is part of our social and community responsibility project. The children enjoy visits from the Dornhügel guests immensely, feel free to ask us for a trip to Omulunga
- Bushman Country – This is a worthwhile day outing to witness the traditions of the San Bushmen. Guests may participate actively in the crafting of jewelry or learn how to hunt with a bow and arrow. This project is organized by the community of Grashoek and supported by Dornhügel - all proceeds go to the village and the local people – Departure after breakfast from the farm 07h45
Room / Unit Features
- Air Conditioning
- Bar Fridge
- En Suite Bathroom
- International Plug Point
- Internet Connection
- No Smoking In Rooms
- Selected Toiletries
- Tea And Coffee
- TV - DSTV
- WiFi - Free
On Site Features
- Bar (fully Licensed)
- Breakfast : Full English
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Dining Area
- Guest Lounge
- Gym / Fitness Centre
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Ice In Summer
- Laundry Service (by Arrangement)
- Parking (off Street)
- Parking (secure)
- Parking (undercover)
- Pets Not Allowed
- Reception (business Hours Only)
- Smoking (in Demarcated Areas Only)
- Smoking (non Indoors)
- Swimming Pool
- Swimming Pool (overnight Guests Only)
- Tennis Court
- Wheelchair Access
- Guest Transfers (airport)
Map and Directions to Dornhugel Guest Farm
Dornhügel is situated close to the B8, directly next to the D2844 and only 42 kilometers east of Grootfontein. The farm can be easily reached from several destinations. The gravel road is also in good condition and can be reached in a 2x4 or sedan vehicle