Die Kaiserliches Bezirksgericht - State House Swakopmund Tourist Attractions
About Die Kaiserliches Bezirksgericht - State House Swakopmund Tourist Attractions
The Kaiserliches Bezirksgericht, now known as State House, was originally built in colonial times (1901 and extended in 1905) to serve as the district magistrates’ court.
After World War 1 onwards it has been used as the summer residence of the South African Administrators.
In 1945 the building was again extended by adding a tower.
Since independence in 1990 it serves as the official summer home of Namibia's President.
Use the Google Map below to get directions from any point of departure. These results will be printable.