- Longitude: 15.961992
- Latitude: -24.639525
Desert Homestead Lodge offers relaxed hospitality with a natural atmosphere. Early in 2014, the lodge was upgraded with environment-friendly technology so that solar power is now the only energy source for power generation and water heating.
30km south-east of Sesriem, Desert Homestead Lodge is the perfect starting point for tours to Namib-Naukluft National Park, Sossusvlei and the Sesriem Canyon. and is the perfect oasis after a day trip to the world's highest dunes. The lodge is located in a private nature reserve close by the Unesco World Heritage site “Namib Sand Sea”.
Enjoy the impressive panoramic view either from the main house set on a hill and including restaurant, bar and lodge, or from the swimming pool.
The main lodge offers:
- Swimming pool with sun deck and shaded areas
- Safe deposit box at the reception
- Laundry service
- Souvenirs sale
- VISA & MasterCard
- Mobile phone connectivity.
The 20 guest cottages, styled after a thatched horse farm, convey quaint coziness.
- All rooms offer:
- Private shaded sun decks
- Mosquito nets
- Barrier-free, paved and well-lit access.
Map and Directions to Desert Homestead
GPS : 24° 38' 22.29" S / 15° 57' 43.17" E
- Take the C26 South-West then the C24 for another 86 km.
- Turn right onto the C14 and at Solitaire turn left onto the C19.
- After 94km turn right into the gate of Desert Homestead.